Sunday, December 9, 2007

My Cute Husband

For those of you who don't know- Brian, Haley, and I have been going to Weight Watchers this fall and working out. Brian is getting up at 5 o'clock almost every morning and working out at one of the gyms at USAA. He has lost 37 pounds and almost 9 inches off his waist in less than 4 months. He has gone down 3 pant sizes so far. I made him stand in front of the Christmas tree before his work party so I could get a picture of him- mainly for my mother-in-law but I thought I would share it with everyone. He doesn't like it and it doesn't do his handsome self any justice but here it is:
I made him stand at an angle so that you could see his disappearing tummy but then that made his face be at an angle. It is kind of shocking how skinny his face has gotten. He has worked so hard and I am so proud of him.
Friday night Brian went to play poker at Marcus and Haley's neighbors so the girls and I went to Haleys. Haley is the queen of all scrapbooking. She was so great at regular scrapbooking that she used to teach classes on it. Then she started digital scrapbooking and I have fallen in love with it. So I ordered the new Photoshop Elements and Friday, Haley helped me learn the basics. Landree got to be a pain to the older girls so she came down with me and Haley. Haley put on Shrek the Halls and Landree actually sat to watch it. I thought Haley and I were going to fall out when Landree started hollering, "Haaeey, haaeey," and pointing at the TV everytime a commercial came on and she wanted it fast forwarded. She has been learning from her sister.

Haley and I had the best time Friday night. I sure do miss Jessica but it was nice to realize that I was sitting with my feet curled up on someone else's couch and I felt completely comfortable. The girls and I left at 11- yes you read right- and Brian wasn't ready to leave yet. I came home and got the girls in bed and started working on my Christmas card that Haley had started for me. At 2 o'clock I realized that the digital scrapbooking obsession has gotten ahold of me. Brian came in about 3 in the morning.

Well back to the Christmas party.
Here is Haley and Marcus

Here is Leigh and Sam

Jim and Debra wouldn't take a picture and if you notice there is not one of me. My dress and I didn't photograph well and it's my blog and I choose the pictures. Brian James if you want that picture on there- get your own blog. Can you tell that has been discussed at my house this weekend? We left 7 children in the care of Linsdey, Jim and Debra's daughter who is a senior. 2- 14 year old boys, 1- 10 year old girl, 1- 9 year old girl, 1-6 year old girl, Peyton and Landree. The party was in the convention center and of course the San Antonio convention center is much larger than any I have been in and traffic downtown was a little shocking. There are 16,000 people who work for USAA and they also invite all retirees. We guess there are about 20,000 people there. We ate appetizers and dessert because we refused to stand in line for dinner. We listened to Chicago play because we couldn't even see the stage it was in another room and was so far away. We were horrible people and talked about all the fashions of other people. They ranged from blue jeans to floor length formals. We saw lots of tatas and a few girls who if they took a deep breath would have showed us their fancys and even a man in a kilt. Next year we are going to put all the kids at our house again and then go to Haleys, put Chicago on in the background and play dominoes. The party itself was boring but we had a great time just sitting and talking- did I mention that I was without children and had adult companionship for 5 hours. We got home at 11:30 and Landree and the 9 and 10 year olds were asleep but Peyton and Abby were going strong watching TV. The house was in one piece and Lindsey looked like she had survived.

We're going to Mawmaws on Thursday so I'll spend the next few days cleaning, packing and getting ready for Christmas. Oh by the way did I mention that we are less than 3 weeks from Christmas and it was 84 degrees here yesterday? I think all those cute Christmas sweaters the girls have are a thing of the past. Welcome to San Antonio.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy moly Brian is slimming down! DANG...wish I could do that!!! I love the pic of the girls...the princess and the wild child! It's perfect!