Tuesday, March 4, 2008

UUUGGGHHH!

UGH #1- The child figured out a way around packing tape! Are you serious? What two year old can figure out her way around packing tape? At nap time today she tore the diaper away from the packing tape so all she had on was a ring of diaper around her waist. I'm buying duct tape tomorrow.

Almost UGH #2- You know you are pitiful when the highlight of you day is having your two and almost five year old massage your back. Peyton asked if she could and I was happy to submit. Hey, she's not that bad.

UGH #3- Last week I started my goal of losing 20 pounds before our cruise. I have worked out 5 of the last 7 days and I'm not talking about just a 20 minute walk. I'm talking about 45 minutes of walking so fast that I am sweating like a pig and want so desperately to hold on to the treadmill to keep upright. All of this and I GAINED 2.6 pounds! I never look at my weight at the scale- it's not visible and you have to look at your card. However, I knew it was not going to be good because the lady didn't make a comment- no comment means you've gained. When I looked, I actually said very loudly, "Are you serious?" I have never commented on my weight like that. Needless to say, I was shocked. I went and sat down and expressed my displeasure to Haley who tried to help me figure it out. I then remembered something and looked at my weight loss book. The last time I started exercising- I gained 3 pounds the first week. Our leader said that it can happen when your body feels traumatized. Let's just say if you don't see something better here next Tuesday, my body is going to think traumatized.

No comments: