Tuesday, April 28, 2009

UGH!!!

So the pig flu- oh excuse me they now want you to call it H1N1- has hit the school district 2-3 miles down the road. They are closing Comal and New Braunfels school districts until May 11th and this is State Testing week. They have to be concerned if they are shutting down in the middle of state testing. You know it is only a matter of days before we get a case in our school district. So several years ago I got freaked out of the bird flu. I calmed myself down and worked through it. I haven't been too concerned about this pig flu. It really has kind of come out of no where- I had no time to get myself prepared. Yah I know that it has not killed anyone in the states but it is in Mexico and I am awfully close to Mexico. I got concerned enough yesterday that I bought 3 weeks of groceries. I'm trying to decide if the girls are going to gymnastics and dance tomorrow because half the kids go to Comal school district. Sigh.... how do I balance keeping my kid's safe and not being an alarmist?

I am going to stock up on Diet Dr. Pepper first thing in the morning. There is no way I am spending a week plus in this house without caffeine.

No comments: