Monday, September 22, 2008

Dear Butterflies

Dear American Snout Butterflies,
I know you have to migrate, trust me I've been up north during the winter- I know it's cold. However, was it such a good idea to do it across one of the top ten largest cities in the US. I was excited to hear you were coming through and the girls really wanted to catch butterflies. We have some flowers in bloom right now and I thought it would be a great learning experience for the girls. However reality is that 2 and 5 year old girls get traumatized when they see one of your friends dead on my windshield. They don't recover well and then accuse their mother of killing "God's Butterflies" (they don't seem to mind when I'm killing God's Spiders). They also then inspect the grill of my Suburban and find even more evidence of Mom's brutality. So I know you need to migrate and only come through San Antonio every few years but maybe next time you should go through a more sparse area and not where even people don't want to drive around the other crazies. Something was mentioned about burying the dead butterflies but luckily the dog went berserk about something else and I didn't have to dig through the limestone to bury your friends. Texas is a big place- go bother the longhorns next time.

No comments: