Sunday, January 13, 2008

Deer and Musings from Peyton

So we have lived in Louisiana- Sportsman's Paradise, Arkansas- The Natural State and now we live in Texas and it should be named the land of Deer. So far we have seen them in the green belt behind our house, dead on all the streets we drive on, in the parking lot of Peyton's school and I almost hit one right by Haley's house. For those of you that haven't been to our house. We do not live in the country or a rural area, we live in the middle of the city with 1.4 million other people. Last night I was backing out of Haley's driveway and there were three deer right there in her neighbor's yard. The girls and I sat and watched them for awhile and they just kept eating. Oh by the way, Haley lives in a gated community. Of course Peyton was trying to figure out why they were there. She thought maybe they were a family, they were lost and looking for their family and finally she said, "Mama, they are looking for someone to take care of them." Due to Kacy's latest love of deer, I have a feeling she might sign up for this job.


Me: Peyton, what do you think about having a pottery painting party.
Peyton: Mama, I want a Harry Potter 2 birthday party.
So Brian then had to explain to her the difference between pottery and Harry Potter.


Landree got into the Bath and Body Works hand soap and put about a 1/3 of the bottle on her body and hair so she got a mid-day bath and the whole house now smells of Warm Vanilla Sugar.


P- Mom, I could collect these little thingies (unpopped popcorn kernels)
M- And do what with them
P- Just for collecting- collecting is collecting things and keeping them so this is my new collection
D- Put those in the trash
P- No Daddy- I am collecting them
D- Peyton put them in the trash now
P- Okay but they are so exciting



P- Buddy's eating chocolate
M- Make him stop
P- Buddy stop, if you eat that you could get sick, you're allergic. Buddy I said stop, don't make me go get mama.


I guess we know who the enforcer is around here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good night, these cracked me up!!!